Friday, July 1, 2011

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

When I saw this recipe, I just knew I had to try it.  Right away.  I love crinkle cookies.  I love lemon!  What an ingenious combination!
I found the recipe (LDS Living first place winner in the Best Cookie Contest), created by Lauren Brennan, on The Food Dish.  Kudos, I say!
Aside from spraying myself in the face and eyes with lemon juice (who said baking wasn't dangerous), these cookies were a breeze to make.  I changed the order of a step or two, but otherwise baked these as directed.  I definitely recommend them!

Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Recipe by Lauren Brennan

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ - 1 cup powdered sugar


Directions:

1.         Preheat the oven to 350°.

2.         In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.

3.         Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer.  Beat until light and fluffy.

4.         Beat the egg into the sugar mixture until incorporated.

5.         Add the lemon juice, zest, and vanilla to the butter mixture.  Beat until thoroughly mixed.

6.         Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.  Beat on low speed until just blended.

7.         Put the powdered sugar in a small bowl.  Scoop a rounded teaspoon of dough, roll it into a ball, and place it into the bowl of sugar.  Roll gently to coat.  Place the ball onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Repeat with remaining dough.  Place balls about 2” apart.

8.         Bake 8-11 minutes or until the bottoms are barely browned and the cookies are set (no longer shiny).

9.         Remove the pans from the oven.  Let the cookies rest on the pans for 3 minutes.  Transfer the cookies to racks to cool.


2 comments:

  1. Wanted you to know that we tried these cookies yesterday, and they were delicious! Gave a taste to a bunch of 11-year-olds, and they liked them better than the giant chocolate chip cookies I brought!
    Excellent cookies! Thanks! Glad your blog was added to FoodieFeeds! (www.foodiefeeds.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed something lemony for my christmax-cookiebox, these are great. Thank you from Hungary :) mandy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...